- Julie Wright—Deciphering the Type Code(Event)(16 days)
Julie Wright—Deciphering the Type Code
Do you attend type discussions and feel as though everyone’s speaking Greek? Sure, you know how Introversion differs from Extraversion, and you can name the four functions—Sensing, Intuition, Thinking and Feeling. But what’s the difference between Extraverted Sensing and Introverted Sensing? And what on earth is Introverted Thinking? Furthermore, how do you determine which is your dominant, auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior function?
In this session we will:
- take the mystery out of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) personality type codes
- learn a systematic approach to Type Dynamics—defining the four functions, their attributes (introverted or extraverted), and their order
- participate in practical exercises and a lively, interactive discussion for clarifying the fundamentals of personality type
- acquaint yourself with some of the newest tools to introduce type basics
This format is designed to provide attendees with a beginning knowledge of type, the opportunity to clarify their knowledge of type concepts in an environment where they feel comfortable to ask basic questions. Those with intermediate and advanced type knowledge are encouraged to attend to support the open discussion, validate their understanding of type concepts, and pick up tips for teaching type.
About Our Presenter: Julie Wright, M.S. (ENFJ) is a Certified MBTI® Practitioner and has been an active member of both BAAPT and CCC-APT. She serves on the boards of directors for both chapters. Julie received APTI’s Excellence in Leadership Award in 2011 in recognition of her work with both chapters. Julie is owner of Wright On Your Money, a personal money management business, and has many years of experience applying type in a corporate setting as a project manager and corporate trainer.